Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Late Snowfall


I woke up on my off day, excited about the prospect of a long walk on a nice sunny day, only to discover that 3 inches of snow had fallen during the night.


I had a choice of reactions at that moment; could have complained and pouted; could have gone skiing – but remembered the last time I did, I couldn’t walk straight for a few weeks after that; could’ve driven South to Bellingham to shop, but realized their unsalted and unplowed streets will be in a worse condition than ours.


I picked none of the above and decided to shovel the snow. I decided at that moment that since the sun was not out, I’ll do a watercolor painting of a sunny scene from Santorini, Greece.



Later, I did some work on a Military Tank Model project for an elementary school. It’s funny, but I do really enjoy projects like that.


By the lunch time, the sun peeked through the clouds and it was off to my walk with the wife. It’s amazing how things can look so different when your attitude to life is not determined or controlled by your present conditions; no matter how gloomy or negative they may seem at that moment.

Through the ups and downs in life; I’m learning to always look for the “silver lining” in dark clouds; and the bright crocuses in the late snowfall.


“He sends the snow like white wool; he scatters frost upon the ground like ashes.” Psalm 147:16 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment