Saturday, March 21, 2009

5 Things That I Control

There many things in life that I cannot control; but I can choose my attitude and control my emotions.
Attitude determines Altitude!

1. My Attitude
I might not be able to control what other people do; but I can choose my attitude and control my outlook on life.
“Your attitude and your potential go hand in hand.” John C. Maxwell

2. My Thoughts
It’s been said; “You can’t prevent a bird from flying over you; but you can stop it from building a nest on your head.”
“Change your thoughts and you change your world.”


3. My Words
The old adage; “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me”, does not always work. Words have the power to destroy, and they sometimes dig deeper than a bullet wound.
“Kind words toward those you daily meet, Kind words and actions right, Will make this life of ours most sweet, Turn darkness into light.” Isaac Watts

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” Mother Teresa

4. My Actions
I’ve come to realize that my actions have far reaching consequences than affect many lives. Moving from Singapore to Taiwan, to Vancouver has opened up a world of opportunities for growth, service and ultimate joy. It has also put my family in harm’s way at various crossroads in my life.


“Actions lie louder than words.” Carolyn Wells
5. My Legacy
I can’t change where I was born; I can’t erase mistakes I’ve made; but I can still use my special gifts, talents, experiences and time to invest into others so as to leave behind something lasting and meaningful.
“Give generously, for your gifts will return to you later. Divide your gifts among many, for you do not know what risks might lie ahead. When the clouds are heavy, the rains might come down. When a tree falls, whether south or north, there it lies. If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything down.” Ecclesiastes 11:1-4 (NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment