Thursday, February 26, 2009

Memories of Surf and Sand




When I woke up this morning, I couldn’t believe my eyes; it snowed again last night.
Just when I was looking forward to longer and sunnier days!



Footprints in the snow and sand

A beach just doesn't have the same appeal when it's covered with snow

An unusual sight greeted me when I took a short walk along the seawall. It didn’t really fit the typical scenario; a beach scene with palm trees, but it was coated with a dusting of snow.


As I took in the unusual sight; my mind was transported to a warmer beach setting. Palm fronds waving in the tropical breeze and the surf washing over the beach.


“Happy is the soul that has something to look backward to with pride, and something to look forward to with hope.” Oliver G. Wilson

Hope is a powerful quality in human beings. Like a stroke of a brush; it paints over the dark clouds; it covers up those moments that are less than perfect.


I can’t help but dream of the days ahead when I can revisit my favorite places; travel to new places, feel the sand under my feet and the sun in my face.

“Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living.”

No comments:

Post a Comment