Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Say it with Food

Don’t eat with people who are stingy; don’t desire their delicacies. ‘Eat and drink,’ but they don’t mean it. They are always thinking about how much it costs. You will vomit up the delicious food they serve, and you will have to take back your words of appreciation for their ‘kindness.’ Proverbs 23:6-8

The 'Preacher' must have had some bad dining experiences in his life.
I’m thankful there aren’t many people I know who are like those described in this Proverb. My experiences have largely been positive and life affirming.
One of the few luxuries that I allow myself to indulge in is good food. During the most stressful times of life; my prayer has been for God to send someone to pamper me with a good meal.
I’ve found a good friend who knows my heart and desires. He doesn’t say much, but he shows his care and love through his amazing prime rib steaks and the many dinners I get invited to.
It’s true that “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach!”
Thanks buddy for your special ministry and many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment