Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Keys to the Vault

Today, in my reading, I came across this poem;

You the Keeper of the Keys.
You are the Guard at the Gate.
Waiting in line to get through that door
Is Love. And also hate.
In line to enter is gentle peace.
And also violent war.
You must choose who may, and who
May not come through the door.
Intolerance tries to sneak on through
On wings of fear, or pride.
It hides behind dreams of belonging,
And tries to sneak inside.
Oh! Be Alert! You’re the Guard who decides
Who goes and who may stay.
You are the Keeper of the Keys to your Mind.
Who will let in today?
Guy Gilchrist, “Keeper of the Keys”
My child, pay attention to my words; listen closely to what I say. Don't ever forget my words; keep them always in mind. They are the key to life for those who find them; they bring health to the whole body. Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life. Proverbs 4:20-23

No comments:

Post a Comment