Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tribute to My Dad

Dad was born into a big household,
Lost his mom to cancer before he was 10 years old.
Smarter than his peers, he jumped grades several fold
He was a teen when the Japanese invaded Malaysia, I was told
How he coped in the jungles, I will never know
But he survived the gun, the rain and the cold

Years later he would find his way back to his birthplace
He discovered a space to stay just to keep up with the rat race
One day my mom found him living under a staircase
The British RAF officer would show him such grace;
Gave my dad his first job, so he wouldn’t lose face. Dad had to fib about things like his last name,
Cause grandma was more concerned about the shame
But dad would not be denied with excuses so lame,
So he won out in the marriage game.

Then came my siblings, one, two, three…then, six.
It was amazing we were all fed, with Campbell soup mix.
All these memories are captured in these pics.
Dad taught us how to play,
He showed us God’s way.
That’s the reason why I want to say,
Thank You Dad! We Honor you this Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment