Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Things we take for Granted – The Sun

It’s amazing how we take so many things in life for granted.
In a different time and place, many people hide from the sun, seek shelter wherever they can and women carry umbrellas to shield themselves from UV rays and not the rain.
20 Years in Canada can and has changed me quite a bit. There was a time I used to shy away from the sun. At times I found it was a nuisance to have to put on sunscreen and a hat. Not anymore! Now I love the sunshine – I “photosynthesize” and glow in it! When the sun is up – so am I.
On top of the benefits of vitamin D, sunshine gets many out of their comfortable sofas into ball parks, swimming pools, and banishes winter related SAD. (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
Sometimes when we have so little of it, then, we begin to appreciate it more!
For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. Psalm 84:11 (New Living Translation)
The sun rises and the sun sets, then hurries around to rise again. Ecclesiastes 1:5 (New Living Translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment