Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Favorite Places - Skagit Valley Tulip Farms

On my recent road trip down I-5, I took a side trip to the Skagit Valley. This is one of my favorite places in the world. While I was disappointed that they had just cut down all the tulips in the fields, I managed to find some interesting new places.


I still managed to discover some tulip farms in the area. What I appreciate most about tulips is diversity.
Did you realize that there are so many varieties of tulips in the world? Tulips are one of my favorite flowers in my backyard garden.
Some thoughts on diversity:

When it comes to nature, we’re glad that not all flowers are the same shape, color or appear in the same season. How boring and dull will that be?
How is it we have issues when it applies to people? We’re less accepting, more critical, discriminate against those who are different from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment