Friday, May 15, 2009

My Favorite Places – Granville Market

What makes some places more appealing to one than others? There is a busy place in my city that has a special place in my heart. This public market holds special memories of times past. It was one of the first places I visited with my family when we arrived in Canada. There was a time I would be there with my two girls every Saturday. We’ll buy a baguette, walk around the open market and the seawall; share some deep fried battered oysters and feed the seagulls. Now that my nest is empty, my wife and I still go there once a week for coffee, take a walk around the seawall and leave with my favorite baguette.
Even on a cold winter’s day, Granville Island produces warm feelings that are rarely found elsewhere.
Thoughts on "Warm Places":
Everyone needs a "warm place" in their life – especially during cold and difficult days.
"Warm places" often are associated with some significant other in our life – enjoy every moment with your loved ones.

Revisit your "warm places" – they make good places for personal reflection and quiet times.

No comments:

Post a Comment