Friday, May 1, 2009

The Adventures of Fin

Once upon a time, there was a hockey team mascot named Fin. I suppose you could consider him an Orca Whale. As a goodwill ambassador for the Canucks hockey team, he has to accomplish his work without speaking a word. He has to drum up (pardon the pun) spectator support, entertain, cheer up sick kids in hospitals, help raise funds for charities, and attend private events.
Did I do that!
Must be a tough job, having to do all that and communicate through alternate means other than speech. It must get quite hot inside that suit. Not that Fin has ever complained aloud!
I have a little friend, who has become Fin’s greatest fan. When she goes to a game, the highlight of her evening is to meet up with him. Every birthday she has celebrated in the last few years, Fin has been the quest of honor. She has even dressed up as his assistant, ‘Finlet’ at a couple of games.
There’re some things I have personally learnt from being around Fin:

1. You can do a lot of good without saying a word.
2. The real job is to cheer, not jeer.
3. The mission is to promote the organization, not YOU!
Fin riding off into the sunset

“I can’t see your faith if you don’t have good deeds, but I will show you my faith through my good deeds.” James 2:18

No comments:

Post a Comment