Thursday, September 17, 2009

Summer’s Bounty

The one thing that excites me most about the end of summer is a bumper harvest.
I love the sight of a fruit-laden tree, and the uniqueness of an orange, Pokka-dotted pumpkin patch. It’s so strange to see apples fallen from trees untouched; when we once paid a dollar each when we were living in Taipei – Taiwan.
It still amazes me how a single tree can produce so much fruit. I leave my apples untouched on my espaliered tree just so that I can look at it every day and be remindered of the providence of God. With so much farm produce and fruit, it creates choice-overload for most shoppers.
At the farmer's market, I decided to take some pictures instead of pick fruit leaving the wife to dirty her hands. Those who wait for perfect weather who never plant seeds; those who look at every cloud will never harvest crops...Plant early in the morning, and work until evening, because you don’t know if this or that will succeed, They might both do well. Ecclesiastes 11:4-6

Thought for the day: Sowing seed is the most elementary act of faith – believing and hoping that something will grow and bear fruit.
You never really know the extent of a harvest – but you can do your part to sow as much seed as possible.

When you sow seeds of life - Nothing is ever wasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment