Thursday, September 10, 2009

Edmonton

The “city of champions,” known for the famed NHL Oilers dynasty and the “Great One.” The last time we were there for a day trip from Calgary, was 15 years ago, and it has quietly grown to over a million in population. This time around, the city seemed different; it appeared to have morphed into a grander and greener place.
Every city has its own appeal and hence its nick-name. Other than the hockey team, most people are familiar with one of the largest Shopping Centers in the world, West Edmonton Mall. Housed inside the six million square feetof space are 800 stores, restaurants, an ice rink, a water park, an amusement center and a hotel. On one of the days while out doing grocery for my daughter, I happened to get onto Wayne Gretzky Drive and came across Rexall Place, the home of the Canucks arch rivals, the Edmonton Oilers. I had to get a picture of myself in front of this indoor stadium. Perhaps I could come back during spring and take in a game when the canucks are in town. Thought for the day:

Other than the name, I wonder what my church is known for?
I wonder what people remember when my name is mentioned?

No comments:

Post a Comment