Friday, September 18, 2009

In the blink of an eye

20 years ago on September 14th, 1989, I preached my first sermon in Vancouver in a downtown hotel conference room.
Then my girls were very young, one barely old enough to start kindergarten – now, the nest is empty. Back then, I’ve never traveled out my own little world – now, I’ve seen much of the world and have not regretted all the sacrifices made. I’m grateful to God for watching over my family and prospering us along the way. 20 years went by very quickly...some things changed dramatically,
while others remain the same. It’s strange how once the only home I knew was my birthplace;
but that first home is alien to me now!
I guess we’re really just pilgrims passing through.
I want to thank all who have stood by our side, loved us unconditionally, supported us through the flood and the fire, and helped create a community of committed Christ followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment