Monday, July 6, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

Strange thing! I woke up this morning thinking about the lyrics to the song; ‘Rainy days and Mondays…always gets me down…’ by the Carpenters. I know! This kind of betrays my age, but I actually love the song. I guess rainy days and Mondays are not what most people would consider favorite days.
But as for me, Mondays is what I look forward to as it’s my off day. For a person in Christian ministry, weekends are the busiest days of the week, so a quiet and restful Monday is just great.
I know that summers are supposed to sunny and hot but I don’t mind a few days of rain and cool weather after nearly a month of exposure to the intense Ultra violet rays. Even as I took a short walk along the dyke, I could see a silver lining in the thunder clouds that threaten to dampen my day. Think of the many forest fires this rain will put out…consider the fact that our reservoirs need a replenishing of supplies…add that to the fact the grass really needs a soaking for the color to return to its nice green hue. Thought for the day: No matter how dark the days may be…there’s always a silver lining. We just need to allow God to open up our eyes and heart to realize it. Be thankful even when you it’s hard to see beyond the haze of today's trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment