Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Healthy Diet

One of my early childhood memories is accompanying mom to the market twice a week.
I’ve always loved the sights and the smells of an open market; though some in Asia do really smell bad.
I love the different vegetables all laid out neatly like an artist’s pallet. It’s almost a work of art, the way some of the fruits and produce are arranged.
Of late, I’ve begun to appreciate, not just the aesthetic value of these fruit and vegetables but, their importance in my diet. Though most health nuts would extol the virtues of organically grown produce; I really can’t tell them apart. One thing I’ve noticed about my own organically cultivated peaches in my back yard is that they rot a couple of days after you pick them. It makes me wonder what they’ve put into some of the fruits you buy in a fruit stand. Whatever the label they put on these produce; the important thing is having a balanced diet.
As much as I love my meats; especially when they are grilled; sometimes too much of a good thing can be bad for you!
A healthy life is about balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment