Friday, August 28, 2009

Encouraging Words for Difficult Times

When we go through tough times; we all need a word of encouragement; here are five scriptures that will give you hope and faith:

“All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ. Long ago, even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure." Ephesians 1:3-5

“If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.” John 15:7 “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13
“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.” John 14:1-3
Stanley Jones tells of a missionary who got lost in an African jungle, nothing around him but bush and a few cleared places. He found a native hut and asked the native if he could get him out. The native said he could.
"All right," said the missionary, "show me the way."
The native said, "Walk," so they walked and hacked their way through unmarked jungle for more than an hour.
The missionary got worried. "Are you quite sure this is the way? Where is the path?"
The native said, "Bwana, in this place there is no path. I am the path."
Let these words of life serve as a beacon in these dark days!
Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. John 6:67-69

No comments:

Post a Comment