Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Something Fishy

I took a drive to Anacortes in Washington this week. The last time I came through this area was more than 15 years ago. The one thing that I noticed immediately about this very quaint little town was the trash bins. They were all done up to resemble canned fish products.
They looked so nicely done that it was no wonder that I didn’t see any trash in them.
Everything about the town cried out fishing village!
Even the old antique shops had fishing gear, fishermen’s hats, and old fishing boat photos. The highlight of this short excursion was discovering the best little Seafood chowder house this side of the US border. It was just a shack beside the road with a couple of tables out front on the porch, but the food was amazing.
I had a plate of deep fried oysters and fries along with the clam chowder soup. Yummy!
I guess consistency is important.
I wonder if everything in my life consistently reinforces my life’s mission?

No comments:

Post a Comment