Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bear Country

One of the things that I enjoy very much is to see animals in their natural habitat.
How close have you ever got to a wild animal?
I’ve had the privilege and joy of travelling to West Africa and visiting a wild-life park years ago. I was told that elephants, rhinos and many other species frequent the area, but the only animal I saw was the screeching monkeys. What a let-down!
Often when you are looking for something, no matter how hard you try, you seem to fail in your search! This week, I managed to get close enough to a black bear that had wandered into a ball park. We were there just to cool off at a stream on a warm day and was not expecting encounters with a bruin. Sometimes, in life you are blessed with experiences when you’re not really looking for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment