Saturday, February 13, 2010

Treasures from the Sea

Nearly a year ago, I came across a travel article online that highlighted an Island off Florida’s West coast. Sanibel Island is reputed to be the best place on earth for shell collectors.
It’s strange that somehow, I ended up in Fort Myers for the last leg of my vacation. Our original plans were to stay in Miami but somehow we could not get any decent hotel or car rental rates there. When we found out Super Bowl was being played that weekend I decided we had to look somewhere else and ended up making the best vacation choice ever. Life Lesson: When God closes a door – He opens up a better place for you.

I hit the beaches listed in the Tourist map but was not thrilled with the quality and quantity of shells there. I went off grid, drove to a Surfers beach and hit pay dirt – found a small cove with shells 5 feet deep.

Life Lesson: Sometimes the real treasures in life are not found where you expect them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment