Thursday, February 11, 2010

At Rest

I have just returned from a long awaited vacation. 14 days in the sun and surf can do wonders for the soul and spirit.
For most people, they return from a holiday all worn out from the trip. It has been true for most of my past vacations, but this time round it was really restful and renewing to my inner being.
Before you rush off to find out where this dream vacation destination is; I have to say it is not just the place but what your personal makeup and needs are that detremines the perfect destination.
If you've followed my blog for any length of time; you would know that I am a nature lover. I connect with God best in the great outdoors. Hence winter in the Pacific Northwest takes its toll on my soul and body as I don't get to spend as much time as I need outside.

I've always read about the clear blue waters in the Carribean - I got to experience it first hand during this trip.
One of the most enjoyable segments of the trip was beach combing the beaches on Sanibel Island.
Imagine my delight when I chanced upon a pair of dolphins, barely twenty feet from the shoreline, when I was looking for those treasures from the sea that I love so much. Sometimes while you are busy looking for something specific -
God surprises you with something else that simply blesses your heart!

This entire trip was full of these blessed surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment