Saturday, April 4, 2009

Digging a trap

Psalm 9

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.
Lord, have mercy on me. See how my enemies torment me. Snatch me back from the jaws of death. Save me so I can praise you publicly at Jerusalem’s gates, so I can rejoice that you have rescued me. The nations have fallen into the pit they dug for others. Their own feet have been caught in the trap they set. The Lord is known for his justice. The wicked are trapped by their own deeds.

I remembered an incident when I was on a youth retreat in a nice beach house. Being young and restless, a bunch of us decided it was a good idea to dig traps and see if the adult chaperons accompanying us would fall into them. We were meticulous in how we dug, covered up, and camouflaged the traps. However, we did not mark all the traps in this “minefield” that we created. When the adults came out to the beach, one of them fell into the trap, and we all had a good laugh that day. The problem was that we forgot where we had laid all the traps and one of my buddies fell into it the next day while walking to the beach. The adults had the last laugh that week.

Thought for the day:
What the enemy plans for evil –God can turn for our good!
All things eventually work for good to those who love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment