Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dealing with Life’s Enemies

O Lord, I have so many enemies; so many are against me. So many are saying, “God will never rescue him!” But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain. I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me. I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies who surround me on every side. Arise, O Lord! Rescue me, my God! Psalm 3:1-7 (NLT)

Most of us will not go through life with literal enemies, but there are many other hidden “enemies” within us that can cause us to fail in life.
“When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.”

“Five enemies of peace inhabit with us — avarice, ambition, envy, anger, and pride; if these were to be banished, we should infallibly enjoy perpetual peace.” Francesco Petrarca Petrarch

Thought for the day:

We can either deal with the enemy within privately or risk public exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment