Thursday, July 28, 2011

Psalm 30 – Good Times


This is a Psalm King David wrote at the dedication of his house.

I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up, and have not let my foes rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me.
O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.



One of the recurring themes in the Psalmist life is the celebration and rejoicing that often follows hardship and struggles. Goods times should always follow bad times as far the child of God is concerned!
For His anger is but for a moment, His favour is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
Anyone who has enjoyed the blessings of God understands the importance of first finding favour with Him. One of the outstanding characteristics of our God is His grace and mercy. Often when we offend Him, he is ever forgiving and never holds anything against us forever.

Now in my prosperity I said, “I shall never be moved.” LORD, by Your favour You have made my mountain stand strong; You hid Your face, and I was troubled.
The challenge for all believers is maintaining a correct focus during the good times, because prosperity has its way of diluting our Christian commitment and distracting us from the real issues in life. I cried out to You, O LORD; and to the LORD I made supplication: “What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your truth? Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper!”
You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, to the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.

May we never forget where we came from and how we got here!
May we always give generously through the good and even the bad times!

O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment