Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Psalm 23 – Sheep Talk

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.

He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.




You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
They say; “confession is good for the soul.” Perhaps they might have meant it a different way; but confession of God’s goodness is definitely very good for the soul.
One sure way of countering the pervasive complaining attitude in our world today is to begin to think, and talk about the countless benefits of being a believer.
The more one focuses on the blessings of being His sheep, the more one actually begins to experience it. Faith expels fear; confidence replaces complaining and hope dethrones despair. SURELY GOODNESS AND MERCY SHALL FOLLOW ME ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment