Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Clematis

Welcome to my Secret garden!
I love spending time in my backyard secret garden – it brings me endless hours of joy and satisfaction seeing the plants spring up and flowers exploding all over the place.
We’ve been inundated by rain the last few weeks and it has dampened my spirit somewhat. However much time I get in the garden still makes me stand in awe and amazement at the miracle of growth and complexity of nature.
One my favourite flowering plant in the garden is the Clematis. This climbing vine has over 200 species and an unknown number of cultivars. The showy flowers come in many colours and sizes and require little to no maintenance. Due to my love for them, I have nine species of Clematis growing over my arbour, the high trellis and in pots.
The five species of Clematis I have planted around my arbor has climbed to the top and their intermingling flowers creat a mosaic of clolours and texture that is artsy and inspiring.

It took me ten years of careful planting, and now I am enjoying the fruits of my labour.
A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life. James Allen Like my lush and beautiful garden, we are what we cultivate.

No comments:

Post a Comment