Friday, April 30, 2010

Insignificant?

When I was in my teens, my brothers and I used to ‘hunt’ down insects; any bug will do.
Usually, the most common would be flies and bees. We made paper bullets and used a simple rubber band catapult to launch them with deadly accuracy. I used to think no one would ever miss them anyway! That was then; but now we know more about the importance of these “pests.” With the mass die-out of honey bees, scientists and fruit farmers are worried about the future. I understand that in China, many of the farmers have resorted to “human” pollinators doing the tedious work in place of the missing bees. They use a tiny feather and dust each blossom on every fruit tree. How can something so tiny, something we deem insignificant, affect our lives so profoundly?

Some Thoughts:

No one is insignificant in the sight of God.
We all have a function and a specific place in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment