Thursday, December 3, 2009

It’s Almost Christmas

I just love it when my favourite Christian radio station starts playing Christmas carols.
It really cheers me up on a wet and gloomy wintry day. It also gives me an excuse to set up the Christmas decorations and lights.
The words of many of these Christmas Carols hold special meaning and significance for my family and I. Each song brings up special memories of Christmases past.

I remembered one that was played during the most trying season in my life, while I was ministering in Taipei. It brought me much needed encouragement and hope.
There was a time when I younger and living in the tropics when all I desired was to experience a “white Christmas.” After last Christmas’ blizzard, I’m not ‘Dreaming of a white Christmas’ this year. One of the highlights of the year is our Christmas Musical, which is the culmination of months of hard work by our crew and cast of 100 members. Without the message of Christmas, it just wouldn’t be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment