Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A New Appreciation

When I was growing up, I always had a dream of one day moving to a different land. The books and magazines I read painted a beautiful picture of rolling hills covered with amazing wild flowers; the snow covered mountains and snow drops poking their heads out of the melting spring snow.
I dreaded the heat; complained about the boring one-season tropical summery weather.
That’s one of mankind’s malady; we take for granted what we are used to because the “grass seems greener on the other side.”
Don’t get me wrong; I’ve finally realized my dream, and I am enjoying the life I’ve imagined. But once in a while, there’s a deep-seated longing for the sunny weather; the tropical fauna and foliage; and the ‘boring’ old places.

There’s a fresh new appreciation for all those things I grew up with.

“God has made everything beautiful in its own time.” Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment