Thursday, January 12, 2012

Where is La Nina?



Isn’t it strange how the weather can affect so many things in life?
We’ve been preparing for a colder than usual winter because the weather experts have predicted a La Nina type winter. So far, it has been wetter and warmer than usual.
Don’t get me wrong; I’m not complaining! After my last trip to Edmonton, and the white-out conditions, I’m more appreciative of the rainy conditions here.
A lot of our responses in life are based on conditioning. The mind can condition one’s response to be overly negative and often the results are a complaining spirit. God’s Word exhorts us to “give thanks in all circumstances” and not allow our environment to dictate our heart condition.
I’m not one to make New Year’s Resolutions but I’ve decided that I will do more, give more and enjoy more in 2012, no matter the state of the world around me!
Honour the LORD with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine. Proverbs 3:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment