Thursday, August 18, 2011

PSALM 34 - God is Good



I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together.
I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
Looking back at the last fifty-some years, I can’t help but be thankful for all that God has been to me. Through good and bad times, He’s always been there! One of the consistent patterns is that blessings always seem to follow trials. I don’t know if it’s because we always ask Him for some pampering after each punishing test, or it’s just God’s way of showing us the light at the end of the tunnel so we have something good to hope for. They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed.
This poor man cried out, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them.
I took a trip back to my birthplace again this year; visited some haunts as well as spying out some places we’ve never been. It’s strange how tourists seem to see more of a place than those who are born and live there!

While new places inspire me and broaden my horizons, old places bring back memories of God’s goodness and grace. Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Some of them look good to eat but others seem non edible and even repulsive. Yet one taste test and you are hooked for life!
I’ve tasted God’s goodness and I’m never the same again; no turning back; I’m following Him all the days of my life.


Oh, fear the LORD, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him.
The young lions lack and suffer hunger; but those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing.


We came to Canada as poor missionaries, but yet my children got to see things and visit places that their richer cousins only dream of. God blessed them with private school education and both girls graduated from a top university with no student loans. I now live in a nice home, in the most beautiful city in the world. Both cars are totally paid off, no credit card debt, God has been good!
By any measurement of success, we’ve made it. Not through my own merits or wisdom, but by the providence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment