Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Diving Deep


One of the things I love to do on my snorkelling trips is to deflate my life vest, take a deep breath and dive to a depth of 20 to 30 feet to get to the bottom of the reef.

Somehow the prespective one gets from a close-up view is different from the surface. The colours of the coral are more vivid, and you see things you miss from the surface.

I've noticed, through many trips, that not many people would attempt such free dives and most choose to remain at the surface.
A funny thing happened in one of my dives; as I was surfacing, I noticed someone observing me from the top. Later I caught this same person attempting to follow my lead. However, no matter how hard he paddled and kicked, he never did get to the bottom of the reef. After a couple of attempts, he gave up and returned to snorkelling with the rest of the folks.


Life Lessons:

Often in our walk with God - most people tend to stick to the surface and not risk diving deeper into that relationship.

Deflating the life vest is risky to some - but unless you get rid of that extra buoyancy you never go beneath the surface.

With greater risks comes greater rewards!

No comments:

Post a Comment